Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Productive Day

After a morning car trip for my daughters' final hockey game of the year (they won!) I managed to engage the whole family in a publicity stunt for Reader+ for Gmail. Equipped with four iPods, my wife and 3 daughters videoed me riding a bicycle while reading email on my phone, before crashing into a very large snow bank that juts out into our road. It will form a brief YouTube advertisement for Reader+ for Gmail at some point. The idea is to make something funny that shows what not to do with your phone while operating a moving vehicle... and then place some text about how the app could be beneficial for your safety. I'm fairly certain my video / acting skills will make this look very amateurish, but what the heck. At least I'll be able to add some useful search terms to the video that people might find and will hopefully use to direct them to the App Store.

Also completed and uploaded a new build of Reader for Gmail today, which includes the following changes:

1. Added slider control for setting speed of voice reading emails.
2. Corrected bug in which text would sometimes not be properly updated in playback window.
3. Changed colours of backgrounds (no more boring grey background!)

I came across a good blog entry from Petr Fodor at Flow Studio Games that gave some good tips for App Store optimization:

http://blog.flowstudiogames.com/post/112864804076/how-apple-picks-the-app-store-lottery-winners?utm_campaign=App_Marketing_Weekly_28&utm_medium=email&utm_source=App%2BMarketing%2BWeekly

At the very least I'm going to improve my app's icon. It looks terrible, like I made it in half an hour one night. Because yeah, I made it in half an hour one night.


No comments:

Post a Comment