Saturday, March 28, 2015

iOS 8.2 and 64-bit Support

Previous to today I had been using a pre-built version of the Gmail API library in "Reader for Gmail". This was a bit worrisome, since the pre-built version of the API would not compile correctly if I tried to include 64-bit support, and Apple will force all iOS developers making updates to include both 32 and 64-bit support on iOS 8 or higher starting June 1, 2015.

After some web searching, I re-found Google's instructions for importing the Gmail API into your iOS project, and luckily determined that the binary library was not actually required... Google provides the source code of the library, so I was able to just bring the source files into my project targeting iOS 8.2 (both 32 and 64-bit), and lo and behold, IT WORKED!!! To be honest, I did not expect that!


No comments:

Post a Comment