Tuesday, July 2, 2019

In Nature Robotics Ltd.


Yesterday, I officially started the company "In Nature Robotics Ltd.". Previously I had been conducting the business of designing and building AMOS under the name of my software consulting business: "Simpson's Helpful Software", but I don't think that name would work very well for trying to sell robots. Also, it seemed like it was time to start making things more official; getting a logo, website, business plan, that sort of thing.

Besides starting a robotics company, I also got AMOS out for a couple of field trials last week, added some code to help ensure that GPS data is accurate before starting a planned route, and did some work on porting over previously developed Android code to the iOS app. Kirsten and Checkers came out for one of the tests, and although Checkers didn't enjoy sitting in the canoe, we were still able to verify that the new USB data hotspot was working well. The 2nd test was at Cap Brule; it was a nice calm day with ideal conditions for collecting data, but unfortunately I entered an invalid GPS coordinate, which caused AMOS to veer onto the beach after it had collected the first point of data. I had hoped to repeat the test later that weekend, but strong winds and waves kept AMOS on dry land.

3 comments: