Tuesday, January 14, 2020

AMOS AirProp and Negative Feedback

This past week saw a new product addition to the In Nature Robotics website, the AMOS AirPop: https://www.innaturerobotics.com/product-page/amos-airprop.



The AirProp uses a waterproof servo motor for directional control and a 2200 kv brushless drone motor for turning a 10 inch plastic propeller blade.

More work was completed on the mapping software for AMOS, adding the ability to open text map files for editing the desired route. I've also started working on adding software for viewing sensor data files. I have lots of sensor data collected from this past summer and fall, so it should be interesting to try out some different mapping and graphing techniques with it.

I've been trying new marketing things lately, I watched this video https://marketingperformanceacademy.com/wrong/ last night that gave me some ideas on what I can try changing. I also recently tried a one-day $10 Facebook ad campaign for the A to D board, and got about 2000 views, 33 clicks on the ad's "Learn More" button, and this friendly feedback from a Facebook citizen:

Really, I think this was $10 well spent. The pieces I used for product shots really do need to be cleaned up. They have messy looking soldering, the 3D-printed parts have burrs and imperfections, there are some rusty screws, etc. Might have to see what online services are available for some of that.

I ordered a bunch of In Nature Robotics Ltd. T-shirts for Christmas and have some extras.... this could be your lucky day, as the first 2 people to comment on this post will receive a free T-shirt:


For your comment just tell me who (or what) is your favorite robot, fictional or real, doesn't matter!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Murray! Going old school with Johnny 5 from Short Circuit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! I never saw that movie though, so I had to Google it to find out who Johnny 5 was. I'll bring a L and XL to tomorrow's game and you can pick!

      Delete
  2. The Opportunity Rover and Curiosity Rover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are a couple of my favorites too! Hard to believe that Opportunity lasted for 14 years on Mars and Curiosity has lasted for almost 8 years and counting!

      Delete