Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Interpolated Data Maps & Cat Boats

Last week some more time was spent on adding a data interpolation feature to the data mapping software. The result turned out pretty good I think:


I would also like to create some mapping software for monitoring AMOS in real time or after the fact via a saved log file. It could be used to pinpoint exactly where AMOS was at any given point in time, the route that it took, what the diagnostics outputs were over time, etc. The mapping software I have done so far has used the ArcGIS .NET software development kit from Esri. I actually have a Webex conference with Esri on Thursday to discuss possibly joining a program for startups that they have. 

The other activity for this week was coming up with a basic layout / design for the catamaran version of AMOS:



I'm not really sure yet if I like it or not. It is shorter than the current version of AMOS (6 feet long instead of 8 feet) and approximately the same width and height, so that's good I guess. I'll think about it for a day or two maybe before cutting up a bunch of EPS foam with the new hot wire cutter (btw the new hot wire cutter works great, I tried it out on a few scrap pieces of EPS).

On a personal note, I am undergoing knee surgery this Monday to fix a small tear in the meniscus of my left knee. I'm not sure what it will mean in terms of mobility, so maybe next week will just be spent writing code in bed. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment