Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Workation Time

The update at the end of last week's blog mentioned that the presentation to the Raspberry Pint club went pretty well; if you would like to see the presentation (and the other presentations from that evening) you can do so at the following YouTube link:


The slides from the presentation can also be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/12L3EXMMcrxIQD2Ic7eXweo_RAyHzjQuS

I find it amazing how much I say "ummm"  and "ahhh" when speaking. It's not something I'm actually aware of when speaking, so not too sure how to go about fixing it. Maybe hire a public speaker if AMOS ever takes off.

This week I had to travel down to San Diego for some meetings related to my job with Measurand. Luckily though, we got finished a bit early, so I was able to find some time to get out and enjoy the southern west coast sunshine and do a tour of this massive boat (the USS Miday):


I spent a few hours touring the boat, which was de-commissioned in the early 90's and converted to a museum about 15 years ago. Here's a nice pic of the San Diego downtown, taken from the flight deck:





No comments:

Post a Comment